Friday 28 June 2013

I've Never Thought of Gardening Before

Five years ago, I was afraid of dirt. I hated dirt, soil, small bugs, worms. Never thought I would do gardening. But, mid last year, when Kerrin and I moved back to Auckland from Sydney, I've changed my mind. 

Started from moving in to a cool apartment unit in Auckland Central, with an amazing view of Auckland harbor bridge, our apartment has a big balcony for an apartment size, 5m long x 1,5 m wide. 


easy.by.design 2013
the view from our balcony
Then, about mid of last year, I got into flowers. My family in Jakarta asked me the reason why I got into flowers? The answer is because I love colors. Bold and bright colors, just like flowers. 

Armed with my passion of colors, I decided to get cheap and reasonable price of flowers from The Warehouse. Started with Begonias, Geraniums, Calla Lily, Petunias and some herbs (Parsleys, Coriander, Chili plant).  

On my way back from The Warehouse with all my plants, I was kinda like; wow, is this happening? Am I doing this? Am I gardening? Oh my god, how about the dirt and the soil? How do I plant them?  All I know, all the weird feelings mixed in my mind. 

Well, finally put them in the wooden planters, with full of potting mix and bam! I got all my pretty flowers done! I was so proud of my self. Like, oh my god, I've done it!! 

Here are some photos of my first plants:
easy.by.design 2013
Pretty flowers in wooden planters
easy.by.design 2013
Pretty flowers in wooden planters

easy.by.design 2013
my first plants collection

No comments:

Post a Comment