Tuesday 2 July 2013

Salami and Mozzarella Bread

I borrowed a bread maker from Kerrin's mom, Josie. I thought making a bread by myself is healthier because it won't have any preservatives. 

First bread, was a fail! Forgot to take a photo of it, because I was like, oh noo, it's so hard...Oh well, it was a rocking hard bread like a stone. I could even kill a cat with that heavy bread. I didn't know why it turned into a rock, but anyway, I tried a second one. It was better, but something I didn't expect. I was expecting something good, just like bread from the supermarket. 

After six hours of making the bread, I gave up..haha.. silly me. I was confused why my two breads were so bad. 

The next day, I looked at other recipe. Salami and Mozzarella bread. Hmmm, that looks nice! I'm a big fan of salami and cheese. Then I put all the ingredients in the bread maker and left it baked for three hours. 

and voila...it worked! Here are the photo of my awesome bread! 


www.easybydesign.co.nz
Golden colour of my bread

www.easybydesign.blogspot.com
my Salami and Mozzarella bread

If you are interested of making your own bread, first of all, you need to buy your own bread maker ;-) They are awesome! Then, here is the recipe of my bread:




what you need:
For 750g bread
1 1/2 tsp Dry yeast
600g/3 3/4 cups high grade flour
1 tsb milk powder
1 tsb sugar
1 1/2 tsp salt
2/3 cup chopped salami
2/3 cup mozzarella
1/2 mixed herbs
1 tbs margarine
315 ml water

topping
1 egg yolk

what to do:
1. Place all the ingredients into bread pan in the order listed. Wipe spills from the outside of the pan.
2. Place the bread pan into the breadmaker and close the lid.
3. Press the Menu button to program (1) Basic, then you need to choose the size, crust colour and press start.
4.  When the bread is about to bake, the machine will beep, thats the time to put the egg yolk on the bread.

It needs about 3,05 hours to bake a 750g bread like mine. Good luck! 

No comments:

Post a Comment